Pages

Why I LOVE the Dollar Store!



Every area is different, so I can't possibly know what the dollar store in your area is like. But if you haven't been inside a dollar store lately, you should give it a look.  Since a picture paints a thousand words, I thought I'd show you just a few of my favorite things at my local dollar store:





Gift Bags and Wrapping Paper


Cards! 2 for $1





Clothes! They are usually a little imperfect, but if you're making matching, homemade tee shirts for your family reunion this year, you can't beat a $1 tee shirt.




Socks, 3 for $1. When was the last time you could buy socks that cheap even at Walmart?





Tons of Hair Stuff





Toothbrushes and Toothpaste





I buy myself 2-3 pairs at the beginning of every summer. Even if they break or get lost, $3 a year is still less than you'll pay anywhere else.





A balloon at the grocery store is going to cost you $3-$5, but not here!





If you aren't already using rechargeable batteries, you should be using these.





Brand Name Soaps and Shampoos







Paper Products and Party Supplies



















But as they say on Reading Rainbow, "You don't have to take my word for it."   So go check out your local dollar store and see what deals are hiding there.


Marcia



P.S. A word of caution: If you think you may be a shopaholic, a compulsive spender, or a hoarder (or if anyone has ever told you that you are), please stay far away from the dollar store.  You will find hundreds of things you need and can't pass up for only a dollar. So be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment