Pages

Inexpensive Easter Centerpieces


As you may recall last fall I set off on a quest to find the cutest Thanksgiving centerpieces and duplicate them myself.  (If you missed that post, look here! ).  So Easter is upon us, and I've got another big family dinner coming up, so I am once again searching the (virtual) globe for Easter's most festive decorations.



Wash Cloth Bunny
The Inspiration


It's just a little bunny made out of a folded towel.  That doesn't seem too hard does it?  Just roll the towel up, fold it end to end, and bind it in the middle.
Not too bad.
I thought an eye would make it look more realistic, but it sort of just made it creepy.
So I turned it upside down and stuck a flower on it. Ta da!

Minimalist Branches and The Egg Tree

The Inspiration


I have a little apple tree in my front yard that is just starting to sprout leaves.  I thought it would be cute to do one of those things where thy just put a lone branch in a vase, or maybe one of those cute little egg trees.

Not sure this really worked for me.





So I got a fancier pot and added more sticks....  Still not a winner.

I have to be honest.  I LOVE this one now!
But I didn't have any string on hand, so I just stuffed rubber bands inside the eggs to hang on.


Flower with Candy

The Inspiration


I had one good flower in my yard at the time, so I picked it.
I tried placing it in a variety of candy.
Hmmm... kind of plain?
These Peeps look kind of squished, I think.
And unfortunately I broke the stem when I picked it, so I had to tape it to the side of the jar to get it to stand up, which downgrades the beauty, a little bit.




Candy Jar



Online I saw a lot of pictures of what I would call "Peeps Under Glass," so I gave it a try.

"Marshmallow eggs in a jar."
Not very cute. :/



Bunnies in a jar with jelly beans.
A little better?

What is cuter than a jar of bunnies and jelly beans? A jar of bunnies and jelly beans WITH A FLOWER ON TOP!








Flaming Eggs

The Inspiration


I thought this idea looked awesome (if slightly impractical).  It seems like a lot of work to carefully open up eggs and then pour candles into them.


Kinda cute, right?  Or do I really have to pour melted wax in and not use tea lights?


But flowers make it cuter!


Which made me wonder if any candle surrounded by flowers would look cute.
Yep.  Maybe this one's not so worth the effort.
The Peep Bouquet

The Inspiration
 I think a bouquet of peeps is what every home needs, don't you?  I found these ones already on a stick at the store, so I thought I would use them to make my life simpler.  Turns out they are four times more expensive and don't look as awesome in a jar as I'd hoped.

I think this little beauty speaks for itself.

Marshmallow-Rama

In the end, I had so many colorful marshmallows, they were practically a centerpiece in themselves, but they were still missing something...

Ah, there it is: the flower!





Happy Easter!


Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment