Pages

Tip of the Day: Use Facebook to Solve Your Problems (and not just air them)!

An excerpt from a text conversation with a friend of mine:

Her: In other news, our baby swing's motor died.  I'm using my robe's tie to pull it while my 2 year old and I watch Little Einsteins on my bed.
Me:  Genius!
Her: I'm not going to spend $100 on a swing he'll outgrow in a few months.  But I really really miss  the motor.
Me: Put it on facebook that you need one.  You'll have 20 offers in minutes.
Her: Haha!  For sure!  Stay tuned for that status update...

She did.  And while she didn't get twenty offers, she did get three.  And one is all she needed!

A few questions I have personally posed on facebook:

Do I know anyone who owns a serger that I could use?
(Yes, I knew five people.)

Boston area friends: where's the church bookstore and what is it called?
(There isn't one.)

Do I know anyone who has a leftover packet of seeds? I'll buy it off you, plus shipping if you're not local! Something fast-growing, doesn't matter if it's flower or vegetable. One of my kids needs to grow a bunch of plants (12 I think?) for a couple of weeks for a science fair project, and it turns out that nobody in New England sells seeds in October. Go figure.
(Three friends had some, and others suggested growing plants from beans, lettuce, lentils, etc.)

Any recommendations for flight fare trackers? Right now it would cost us twice as much to fly to WA this summer, as to drive. The drive sounds kind of wonderful, and kind of hellish. So if I can find cheap flights, we'll fly. If not, we'll drive, and risk never coming back.
(Six friends or family members had good suggestions - including driving, and never coming back. :) )

So next time you need something you don't have, or don't know the answer to something, use facebook to solve your problem!




Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment