Pages

Angie's Favorite Casserole

I had my sister's kids over for the weekend which meant cooking for ten kids. I needed something quick and easy that would satisfy a lot of different tastes.  So we whipped up a favorite that my family has been eating for years.  It is not super popular with grown ups because it's pretty plain (although I love it), but it's easy to make and kids can't get enough of it. In our house we call it "Angie's Favorite Casserole."

Start with a bag of noodles. Egg noodles are best, but any noodle will work. Cook them and drain them.



 Now add a can of tomato soup (or a can of pizza/spaghetti sauce if your kids actually enjoy flavor).




 Chop up a bunch of ham. Whole ham or sliced lunch meat will work.




 Add a pound of cheese.



 

Mix it all up and pour into a baking dish.

*I swear I took a picture of this all in a baking dish, but I can't find the picture, so you will just have to imagine it*

Bake for a while (let's say 30 minutes at 400 degrees), or until the sauce is warm and the cheese melts.


That's it. Super simple and very kid friendly.



And if you don't eat it all (or if you double the batch) you can pour the extra into a giant ziplock bag an freeze it for later.

Everything looks less appetizing in a bag....








Marcia








No comments:

Post a Comment