Pages

Home Made Dishwasher Soap



A few days ago my daughter loaded the dishwasher and was about to turn it on when we realized we were out of dishwasher soap.  *gasp*

Could there be anything more gross than a dishwasher full of yucky dishes and no way to clean them?  Okay, technically we could wash them by hand. Or I guess we could have just gone to the store and bought more soap. But neither of those options sounded appealing, so I decided to take the plunge and try home-made dishwasher soap.

I already make my own laundry soap, and I've just been putting off trying homemade dish washer soap.  Luckily this grand opportunity presented itself. So I went on Google and found this website:  Link to great dish washer soap recipes!

I see no point in re-inventing the wheel here, so let me just say you should go to this lovely woman's website by clicking on the link above and see what she found out.

I will tell you I used recipe 2 (because I had most of the ingredients on hand), but I didn't have any sea salt so I used regular salt. And I didn't have any lemonade, so I used orange kool-ade (the label said it had citric acid which is the important ingredient).

And.... 


IT WAS GREAT!
My dishes all came out super clean!

Good luck!

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment