Pages

Tip of the Day: Pretend You're Moving

I hate extra stuff.  Hate it, hate it, hate it.  In fact, I'm in the middle of a month-long purge of around 500 extraneous items of crap, otherwise known as "things I used to think I couldn't live without" or at least "things I thought were worth spending money and/or space in my house on".

So as I go through my house, I'm finding some obvious choices: a bottle of carpet shampoo (guess who's had hardwood floors for the last two years?), an expired bottle of cough syrup.  And some not-so-obvious choices: how many pair of shoes is really reasonable to save for the next kid?

And along the way, I discovered that I have a whole other category I didn't even know about: the "if we move, I'm tossing it" stuff.  These are things that are so unusable, they're not worth space in a moving truck.  But I still keep them around.

What??

Either they're worth keeping, or they're not.  Why wait til I move?  Why not toss them now?  I'm a big believer that having less "stuff" makes you want less "stuff".


This photo makes me miss Utah.  Oh, those blue skies!


Starting today, I'm pretending I'm moving.  You?

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment