Pages

Book Review: The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason

The Richest Man in Babylon

This is by far my favorite book on finances.  It is a really great book about money, that doesn't feel like a book about money. 

I LOVE this book.

It is set in ancient Babylon and tells a fictional story about a man named Arkad and the principles he lived his life by to attain wealth.  It is interesting and fun and can easily be read in one sitting. 

The copyright on this book is 1926! But it is still very relevant and practical today. It's the quickest and simplest book on finance that you'll ever read.

It is the kind of classic that I've read many times and continue to read every few years just to remind myself of it's basic principles.   It is full of brilliant little gems of wisdom!

Good financial habits don't always equal great wealth, just as healthy habits don't always lead to a long life, but they certainly make life easier. I don't believe that wealth in and of itself should be our goal in life, but I do think that the practical application of sound financial principles helps build good moral character and leads to less stress and a more satisfying life overall.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking to baby-step their way into more productive financial habits.


Marcia


http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/188175745

No comments:

Post a Comment